Dear Mustadafin Friend
As a fundraising initiative we will be hosting a fishing day in February and require your assistance in making this event a success.
Prior to Covid 19, we fed 15 000 registered beneficiaries daily. Since the onset of this pandemic we were unable to turn away unregistered members of the community in need of a meal. Our daily beneficiaries has now increased to 27 910 people per day. Lockdown levels may have lifted, but our feeding queues has not shortened; this due to the increase of unemployment.
Donor fatigue and unemployment increasing, has been taxing on our financial as well as cash donations.
Mustadafin Foundation has initiated our #feed mind, feed a belly campaign for only R12 a meal.
We herewith appeal for your to assist by purchasing a ticket to the value of R150.00 to support the campaign. All funds raised will go towards providing a meal for an impoverished chilld.
The Mustadafin Foundation is an NPO established in June 1986 and we are actively involved in Western and Eastern Cape as well as Eden Karoo district to enhance and develop destitute communities, with the objective to make people self-sufficient, self-reliant and independent through education.
Our Core functions:
- Poverty alleviation – Feed 27 910 recipients daily, operation winter, rural and special projects.
- Community development – sewing classes, youth development and intervention programs where , working with vulnerable youth, placed 496 youth back to school and youth intervention programs
- Health care – 7 home base carers who sees to the terminal ill, creating awareness regarding HIV/AIDS, TB, CANCER and teenage pregnancy.
- Disaster Relief: as a humanitarian organization we provide relief to those affected by natural disasters and fires.
- Education – We established Learning Centre in Tafelsig (Mitchell’s Plain) for school drop outs and children who has not attended school , 3 madaaris, 18 early childhood development centres, literacy classes, support schools and run class for literacy, mentor and mentee programs.
“Verily God does not look to your faces and wealth but He looks to your heart and your deeds”